Under supervision from the Circulation Supervisor, reshelves library materials, maintains materials in the library collection in a neat and orderly fashion, assists in other support tasks as assigned.
Hours are typically Tuesday and Thursday early evening for 3 hour shifts and every other Saturday rotation for 4 hour shift. 6 to 10 hours a week. Some flexibility in scheduling.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills / Examples of Work
1. Assists with circulation desk procedures.
2. Performs alpha-numeric sorting and filing tasks.
3. Arranges returned materials on book trucks and reshelves them in proper order.
4. Shelf reads and straightens materials on the shelves so there is excellent appearance.
5. Empties book drop when required.
6. Refers non-directional questions to appropriate staff members.
7. Performs other related works.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
1. Education equivalent to completing freshman year in high school.
2. Eligible for child labor permit, if required.
3. No experience required.
1. Familiarity and appreciation for public libraries and books.
2. Ability to follow detailed directions.
3. Ability to maintain a regular work schedule.
4. Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work.
5. Ability to sort efficiently in alphabetic or numeric order, and to develop a working understanding of the Dewey Decimal and Cutter Systems of library materials arrangement.
6. Ability to understand and perform assigned library procedures.
7. Demonstration of good character as determined through a background investigation.
8. Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationship with the public, peers and supervisors.
9. Working knowledge of English grammar and spelling.
Apply from the City of Cedarburg website by Friday, August 4.